It may be time to call an AirTech Energy professional to help you make a change if:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. Your cooling or heating equipment may have become less efficient.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold. Improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause.
- No one is home for long periods of the day and you do not have a programmable thermostat.
- Your home has humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- Your home has excessive dust. Leaky ducts can pull particles from the air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution.